Engineering Lead / Manager
Engineering – Backend /
Please note, all positions at Binance require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money for people around the world.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
We are looking for an Engineering Lead/Manager to lead & manage the new engineering team in Singapore.
- As an Engineering Lead, you make thought-through decisions in the organization’s best interest.
- You drive your team(s) forward, and raise the bar continuously by striving for great delivery and code quality.
- You will be growing your teams by thoughtful planning, strategic decision making.
- You hold accountability for your respective team(s) and product(s).
- You manage and execute against projects and delivery commitments, and contribute to our product strategy and roadmap.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams.
- You collaborate with the business and product teams to achieve the company’s goals and growth.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in software product engineering, preferably working in cloud computing, internet, SaaS and/or eCommerce.
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams and driving large-scale projects and products, in collaboration with product, design and commercial teams, to succeed.
- Strong experience in either the front-end, back-end, architecture and/or infrastructure, web services.
- Experience working for a tech start-up or scale-up is preferred.
- Strong people (engineering) management experience, strategic team planning, chief solution architecture and technical cost, infrastructure designs and cost management.
- Strong communication skills and can act as an advisor, coach, mentor, and partner all at the same time. Can represent the Tech team to ideate, plan, contribute with other key team leaders.
- Experience in building applications from scratch including coordinations with the other key stakeholders.
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or have a similar experience.
- Have a track record of designing, developing and implementing complex, low-latency, and preferably transaction-based/B2C, mobile applications and/or web services
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire