In-house Legal Counsel
Legal and Compliance – Legal and Compliance /
Please note, all positions at Binance require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money for people around the world.
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
BinanceKR is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel for its business in Korea. The ideal candidate is a specialist with in-depth legal knowledge and experience focusing on regulations governing the fintech, crypto, financial, personal data protection, and IT industries. This position will join BinanceKR Legal while cowork with Binance’s global Legal team. This position is responsible for providing legal counsel and guidance to all levels of the BinanceKR, including executive management. The attorney’s primary areas of responsibilities are review and adoption of the regulatory of Korea government and Financial Supervisory Services and not limited matters related; trademarks/brand protection; and, any related contract reviews for the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice and hands-on legal support for BinanceKR
- Foreseeing the relevant Act and subordinate statute of Korea blockchain, fintech, crypto industry Draft, structure, negotiate, review, and advise on agreements and business commitments
- Research, manage and resolve disputes between BinanceKR and other parties
- Assist with and manage other duties and special projects as requested by the General manager of Korea and head of Binance legal
- Work with the global legal team and external affairs to protect BinanceKR’s interests, and establish best practices for the company
- Interact with government authorities when they are conducting investigations or audits
- Holds a JD degree
- English proficiency required
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all relevant South Korean laws and regulations especially the specific regulations related to the finance, pg, blockchain/crypto industry
- Understanding of the fintech/crypto industry practices is a plus7+ years of experience at a law firm/in-house legal and/or for a multinational corporation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across various business functions and territories and an aptitude for working with people with diverse backgrounds and personalities at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with accuracy, reliability, and pride in work product, under deadline pressure
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire