Investigations specialist - Australia
Australia, Melbourne /
Legal & Compliance – Compliance /
Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Binance is looking to grow our Investigations team with executional level talent who will drive crypto investigations, increase engagement with law enforcement, such as the FBI and Europol, and shape our processes that can lead towards prosecution of bad actors.
- Thoroughly analyze customer account data, on-chain and off-chain transactions, account characteristics, and other information in order to assess the nature of the activity and identify related entities as necessary;
- Conduct detailed open source research to identify data vital to furthering investigations or due diligence initiatives;
- Identify trends in abnormal or malicious activity in order to map out networks of bad actors;
- Document research and illustrate the steps taken, the data sources reviewed, and the conclusions drawn;
- Liaise with other teams to assist and provide and/or gather information;
- Based on analyses, provide feedback to relevant departments to enhance the company’s security framework.
- 3+ years of law enforcement experience;
- 3+ years experience with cybercrime or financial investigations;
- Proven track record of detected cases/technical assistance to detected cryptocurrencies cases;
- A solid understanding of cryptocurrencies and differences between separate blockchains / networks;
- Subject matter expertise, extensive experience and knowledge with DeFi;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to clearly communicate findings clearly and concisely;
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data Excellent problem-solving skills, including an ability to think outside the box.
Good to have:
- Strong network within national/regional law enforcement agencies;
- Proficiency in a language other than English;
- Familiarity with blockchain analytics, either using existing tools or manually tracking funds effectively using relevant block explorers;
- Knowledge of open-source investigations (OSINT) and/or due diligence;
- Experience researching and analyzing cyber-crime, especially if financial in nature, and familiarity with cybercriminal organizations and tactics;
- A basic understanding of DNS and IP address analysis.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.