Junior SOC Security Engineer
Security & IT Helpdesk – Security /
Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
As part of the SOC Security Engineer team, you would be responsible for providing the foundational information required to ensure that we meet our controls requirements and perform to the highest standards, mitigating risk and cyber threats.
- Identify cybersecurity threats and perform analysis of reported anomalies on internal networks and systems.
- Mitigate and contain identified threats using approved methodologies when detected.
- Initiate escalation procedures and incident response processes as defined in operational plans.
- Monitor information security alerts through the use of a Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to triage, mitigate, and escalate issues as needed while capturing essential details and artifacts.
- Utilize sensor data and correlated logs containing IDS/IPS, AV, Windows/MACOS/Linux events, web proxy, and similar data to establish context and to rule-out false positive.
- Coordinate the initial workflow and response for varying case types with internal and external teams.
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experienced in intrusion detection, event tracing and log analysis.
- Familiar with common attack and protection methods, deep understanding of the principles, utilization methods and solutions of common security vulnerabilities.
- Experienced in malicious feature extraction ability, familiar with Yara rules, have TTP analysis.
- Familiar with EDR, HIDS solutions.
- Big data development foundation, familiar with Splunk, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc.
- A self-driven team player with the ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and techniques such as proprietary analytical software, data models and programming languages.
- Ability to coordinate and independently drive activities to an end.
- Ability to work in a distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Fluent in English
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire