Data Protection Officer
Lithuania, Vilnius /
Legal & Compliance – Compliance /
Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Binance Connect is a globally recognised brand with a leading payment infrastructure that connects traditional finance to world-leading and emerging blockchains, transforming how businesses and people send and receive money worldwide. Our vision is to create an open, financial world where people from all walks of life and businesses, big or small, can participate and realise their financial goals.
We are looking for a native Lithuanian-speaking Data Protection Officer with solid experience in European and Lithuanian data protection laws and regulations.
You will join the Data Protection Office and monitor the compliance of Binance Connect's personal data processing activities. Reporting directly to the global Data Protection Office (GDPO), you will work with the team on the implementation, operationalisation and monitoring of the compliance of Binance Connect personal data processing activities for the Lithuanian jurisdiction and act as the point of contact for the State Data Protection Inspectorate and data subjects.
- Bring advice and expertise to management so Binance Connect can ensure the regional compliance of its personal data processing activities
- You will have the position, roles and responsibilities provided for in Articles 37, 38 and 39 of the GDPR, always taking into account the EDPB’s “Guidelines on Data Protection Officers (‘DPO’) and any other Opinions and Guidelines issued.
- Monitor the internal compliance of UAB Bifinity’s data protection obligations in Lithuania, in line with the Data Protection Strategy defined by the GDPO, taking into account the risk appetite and business strategy of the company
- Identify the specific outliers for Lithuania and ensure inclusion in the global Data Protection Program (and review the global data protection policies procedures to include these specific matters)
- Advise on whether or not to carry out a DPIA for the activities that may represent a higher risk in Lithuania and provide support in undertaking them
- Act as the contact point to Data Subjects and the State Data Protection Inspectorate Keep a record of documents relating to the regional processing of Personal Data at UAB Bifinity
- Raise awareness within Binance Connect and support colleagues in other departments that process Personal Data
- Support the global Data Protection Program stakeholders in other data protection matters including the CDPO, other regional DPOs, Privacy Analysts, Legal, Compliance, etc.
- Lithuanian native speaker and, preferably, resident of Lithuania
- Bachelor degree in Law, Business Administration, Engineering or similar, or equivalent working experience
- Proven experience in data protection matters, serving as either external or internal counsel or consultant
- At least 4 years in data protection or an equivalent role
- Strong knowledge of European and Lithuanian Data Protection laws and regulations, as well as Opinions, Guidelines and Best Practices from the Lithuanian Data Protection Supervisory Authority and market
- CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT or equivalent qualifications
- ISO 27001 and OneTrust knowledge or experience is a plus
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire