Software Development Engineer, Security
Engineering – Backend /
Full-time: Remote /
Binance is the leading global blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider whose suite of financial products includes the world’s largest digital-asset exchange.
Our mission is to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization where opportunities to learn and excel are endless, then Binance is the place for you.
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Binance Security, you’ll help to build and manage high performance security platforms and implement automation to address security threats. Our purpose is to build preventive measures, threat discovery and mitigation solutions at scale. You will be on the cutting edge of many security issues for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, identity and access management, mobile devices, and virtualisation, all operating at massive scale. You’ll work with data scientists, security engineers, and other software development engineers across multiple teams to design, develop, test, and deliver new security features.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience building and operating production systems with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, Go, Perl
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture, system design, and scaling of new and existing solutions in a distributed, virtualized, or cloud environment
- Strong understanding of fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Understanding of software security concepts such as encryption, signing, and authentication.
- Understanding of Software Engineering processes and best practices
- Experience developing reliable and scalable software solutions
- Experience in building distributed services / systems
- Understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
- Strong ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of the project
- Dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems and ability to think abstractly
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Working at Binance
• Be a part of the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem that continues to grow and offers excellent career development opportunities
• Work alongside diverse, world-class talent in an environment where learning and growth opportunities are endless
• Tackle fast-paced, challenging and unique projects
• Work in a truly global organization, with international teams and a flat organizational structure
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Flexible working hours, remote-first, and casual work attire
Learn more about how Binancians embody the organization’s core values, creating a unified culture that enables collaboration, excellence, and growth.
Apply today to be a part of the Web3 revolution!
Binance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a diverse workforce is fundamental to our success.
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.