Senior Compliance Manager - OPS lead (Swipe)
Latin America /
Legal & Compliance – Compliance /
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Swipe, has partnered with major payment networks to enable individuals access to a full fiat channel for card payments through its licensed partner in the EU. Our mission is to enable customers to create crypto fiat card programs. It connects millions of customers to link their fiat/crypto wallet to Visa/Mastercard Schemes for online/offline payment.
As a FinTech start-up, Swipe is committed to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements as we operate and expand our business globally. We are now looking for an experienced Compliance Officer in the LaTAM market to join and strengthen the compliance program. The successful candidate should be an individual who is familiar and passionate about the FinTech industry and knowledgeable in developing and refining customized Compliance products and processes.
- Design and develop a roadmap to improve scalable Compliance transaction monitoring and screening systems and case management for global card expansion program;
- Lead Transaction Monitoring investigations and Quality Assurance team for Compliance operations processes;
- Take part in research initiatives to identify financial crime typologies across LATAM markets and provide feedback to business partners;
- Lead initiatives to build and refine Management Information & Reporting on Compliance processes for senior management;
- Be the subject-matter-expert and focal point for the transaction monitoring / screening rule tuning and high risk customer review;
- Collate relevant information and/or requirements with internal or external key-stakeholders to evaluate product risks and present risk mitigation plan to the senior leaders;
- Prepare and table proposed Compliance products or solutions (whether existing in the market or to be built in-house) with well-thought roadmaps and measurable execution plans for management review and approval/sponsor;
- Develop relationships and work with partners across product, engineering and business teams to prioritize, scope and roll out launches;
- Archive and maintain thorough record keeping of all work
- A fast learner with 5-8 years of relevant working experience;
- Expertise in working with products and business teams to unlock growth opportunities and managing financial crimes risk
- Experienced in AML, Sanctions and KYC policy development space
- Experience in managing Compliance Operations Team - Transaction Monitoring, Name Screening, Alert Adjudication, etc.
- Experience in delivering solutions with tight deadlines
- Experience in design of end-to-end Standard Operating Procedures and workflows for operational processes.
- Expertise in seeking efficiencies in operational processes through innovation and re-engineering
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-growth fintech environment
- Experienced managing AML/Risk operation team
- Familiar with end-to-end product/engineering related processes and protocols, such as design and methodologies, life-cycle compliance/risk controls, compliance case management, etc.;
- An analytical mindset to decision-making. You are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
- A strong sense of ownership, who can not only identify a problem but work with partners execute a solution.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.