Richmond, CA (HQ) /
Operations – Administrative /
BioAge is a platform-driven, clinical-stage biotechnology company that is mapping human aging to develop a pipeline of therapies that treat disease and extend healthy lifespan. Our proprietary human-first platform encompasses >65M molecular measurements spanning 45+ years of human aging, and unlocks a universe of novel biological insights and druggable mechanisms for age-related disease. We currently have three clinical programs in our growing portfolio–two first in class and two first in indication–for immune aging and muscle aging. Ultimately, our mission is to develop therapies that change the nature of aging and provide patients with years more healthy time. To date, BioAge has raised $127M from Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, and others.
For additional information about BioAge, visit the company’s website at www.bioagelabs.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated hands on facilities engineer to help with our continued build out of our on site laboratory and office facilities, as well as manage them on an ongoing basis. The qualified candidate is an, interactive and team-oriented individual that possesses the ability to maintain concentration on tasks and move from each responsibility. The individual taking this position would be trained to ensure the healthy environment is maintained for all of the on site employees. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company developing a pipeline of therapies with the potential to enhance healthspan and lifespan in an aging population.
BioAge is This position will ensure that the facility infrastructure and services are maintained and operated to support a fast-paced R&D and Business organization. A highly hands on position, the position opportunities include continuing facility buildouts and upgrades and longer-term operation goals to ensure flexible, responsive, and reliable facilities.
- Plans, organizes, performs and supervises activities which are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utilities and grounds of the current facilities in an operative and safe working condition
- Plans, organizes, performs and supervises activities which are necessary in in expanding our facilities infrastructure to support our R&D organization in an operative and safe working condition
- Responsible for the regular maintenance of our office and research facilities.
- Initiate and influence integration of Safety/Facility policies and practices, osha certification a plus.
- Manages all facility infrastructure requirements for research, development and business management; this includes ensuring facility utilities are 100% operational and maintained to support laboratory, special purpose areas, and critical equipment needs
- Partners with R&D colleagues to ensure laboratory equipment uptime through scheduled equipment maintenance & repair
- Leads and provides hands on resolution, when required, for the operations, maintenance and repair of facility support systems in a safe and expeditious manner
- Define and manage external supplier relationships for utilities maintenance partners and site support services including landlord tenant issues
- Work with and support shipping and receiving.
- Perform procurement activities include pre-qualification, negotiating supplier agreements, preparation of contracts, etc.
- Be available in case of emergency (power outages, ect.) to ensure our vital support systems for our research activities are not disrupted.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience required
- At least 1+ years of facility infrastructure & operations management within biotech/biopharma industry, preferably in an R&D or manufacturing environment. Ideally experience in both early stage companies as well as later stage one. This position will be critical in helping our company transition.
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in cross functional teams, in a fast pace, dynamic team setting
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are important
- Self-motivated, resilient, team leader
- Startup experience a large plus
- HVAC and electrician certifications/licenses a big plus
- Biotech industry experience a plus
- Osha certification a plus.
BioAge offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to company-observed holidays. We provide comprehensive health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance), childcare and fertility benefits, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We also pride ourselves in giving employees many opportunities for career development including a generous annual budget for continued learning, a direct and open-door environment, and a dedication to training and skill development.
At BioAge, everyone matters and we embrace diversity and differences while we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer. BioAge prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. BioAge conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.