We are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join us at Biobot. You will work with a talented, cross-functional team to build out our internal software platform, which is responsible for managing data flow throughout our production systems and operations teams (e.g. order and kit management, lab processes and workflows, assay data analysis and results).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (What you will be doing):
- Design and build API integrations with internal and third-party software services such as LIMS and CRM tools
- Work with front and back-end developers, data engineers, UX/UI designers and end users in the lab to ideate through technical solutions
- Help establish internal development best practices and workflows or libraries that help other internal developers be more efficient
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements (What you need to succeed):
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Consuming, designing and implementing RESTful APIsNodeJS, React.js frameworks
- Designing and maintaining relational data schemas using PostgreSQL
- Asynchronous web communication patterns (message queues, pub-sub)Setting up and using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis or Circle CI
- Using version control systems such as git and GitHub
- Major cloud platform(s) - AWS, GCP, Azure
- Containerization and Docker
Highly proficient in:
Education and/or Work Experience Bonuses (What will help you succeed):
- Previous experience working with scientific or other third-party software (LIMS, ERP, MES)
- Interest in working on a science-focused public health product
- The desire to be part of an early stage start-up, and comfort with stepping out of traditional role boundaries and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- This is a remote role; must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on video conferencing for several hours each day
Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families, including a $0 deductible medical plan. We want our employees to manage their health and that of their families without worrying about high premiums or deductibles.
Unlimited PTO with 3 week minimum. Whether it's playing MTG or D&D, singing on stage, camping, raising chickens, or anything else that inspires, we want our employees to unplug and explore their passions.
12 weeks parental leave at 100% pay. We love Biobabies and know that bonding with a new child is a critical need for employees and Biobabies alike.
3% Biobot 401k contribution. Regardless of whether our employees contribute, we contribute 3% of salaries into participating employees' 401k accounts because we want to support their long-term financial goals.
$500 home office stipend for remote employees; free parking + commuter benefits and free meals for lab employees. Onsite or at home, we ensure our employees' workspace is set up for success.
At Biobot, we are working together to build a team environment in which everyone can thrive and is proud to belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure biomarkers in sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope and trend of the outbreak in communities. We have operated in almost 500 communities across 43 U.S. states, generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Battling the opioid epidemic and now the Covid19 pandemic is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot data will be an early warning system for disease outbreaks, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.