Senior Software Product Manager
Boston or New York /
Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure human health in sewage to understand population health in cities.
You will lead the product definition and development of the Biobot platform focused on “API as a service” - defining how we create a business offering around our rapidly growing data set. A key aspect of this role will be understanding external needs from customers (local or municipal wastewater operators, commercial entities, government agencies and others) and packaging up the right package of software solutions - APIs, visualization tools and reports that offers competitively better insights and positively influences public health across the world.
In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team of engineers, user interface designers, business and other stakeholders to understand customer workflows, core requirements, identify new solutions, and enhance our overall go-to-market as an API-led product organization.
As a Software Product Manager, you will:
- Develop and refine prioritized product needs based on insights from market research, competitive analysis, customer engagement, business needs, and collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Focus obsessively on the user experience and creating trust between our customers (wastewater agencies, municipal/local government agencies and commercial teams) and our reports and solutionsBuild, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Develop a product roadmap based on the value to the users, including cost and feature set differentiationCollaborate with your peers to prioritize problems to solve, make trade-off decisions, and ultimately translate your priorities into requirements and detailed user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Build effective relationships with engineering, design, QA, sales, customer success and a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Be able to communicate and lead discussions frequently with peers, vendors and customers.
You have experience in:
- 5+ years of experience in Software product management with a proven record of successfully launching software products leveraging large data sets and predictive analytics
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following tools/programs:
Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc.
Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools
Python, JAVA, or other programming languages
About Biobot Analytics
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure human health in sewage (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) to understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and have recently launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope of the outbreak in communities. We are operating in almost 400 communities across 42 states, and generating Covid19 case estimates for over 10% of the U.S. population.
Inspired by the potential of wastewater epidemiology, we are the first company in the world to bring wastewater epidemiology to market. We are VC backed by top investors including The Engine, DCVC, Y Combinator and Homebrew.
Battling the drug epidemic and now the Covid19 outbreak is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot will be an early warning system for disease, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.