Head of Public Sector Sales
New York /
We are looking for an experienced public sector sales leader to oversee the company’s sales effort to states, public health authorities, and local governments. Your goal is to deploy Biobot across the country, building on the 20% MoM growth we've seen over the last year. This role is perfect for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves and accelerate the adoption of a technology that will fundamentally change our approach to public health. This role is not for someone who wants to follow an established playbook - because you’ll be helping to build it! You will report directly to Biobot’s President and Cofounder.
- Build and lead outbound sales efforts to Biobot’s public sector clients (state governments, local municipalities, authorities and agencies)
- Develop Go-to-Market planning and execution, including demand generation and/or public tender responses
- Lead customer contract and negotiation process
- Travel as necessary to manage key customer relationships and develop new ones
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales and marketing methods, revenues, budgets, expenses and results
- Conduct hiring, goal setting, coaching, training and performance evaluations of sales team members, and develop broader external network
- 5+ years of sales experience selling products or services to public sector (state governments, local municipalities, authorities and agencies)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Positive, resilient, and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
- A “talent magnet” with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing salespersons and building high performing teams.
- Strong intellectual horsepower geared toward science and technology. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- A team builder, team player, and leader who creates loyalty, trust, and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Inspires others and is highly respected by teams across the business.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence.
- Organized with good attention to detail.
- Technical and business experience with public health or wastewater industry.
- Existing access (either directly or indirectly) to purchasing contacts in target customer base.
- Competitive compensation & options.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Healthcare coverage: medical, dental, & vision.
- Team offsite retreats.
- Laptop and equipment.
About Biobot Analytics
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure human health in sewage (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) to understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and have recently launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope of the outbreak in communities. We have deployed our technology in over 400 communities across 42 states, and have generated Covid19 case estimates for over 10% of the U.S. population.
Inspired by the potential of wastewater epidemiology, we are the first company in the world to bring wastewater epidemiology to market. We are VC backed by top investors including The Engine, DCVC, Y Combinator and Homebrew.
Battling the drug epidemic and now the Covid19 outbreak is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot will be an early warning system for disease, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.