New York, NY; Boston, MA; Remote /
Biobot’s mission is to build resilient and inclusive public health infrastructure by turning our sewers into early warning health observatories. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Biobot pioneered wastewater analysis (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) as a tool for tracking the progression of the virus through communities. We are now the leader in pathogen detection for community-level and building wastewater, as evidenced by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ recent award to sponsor COVID-19 monitoring by Biobot of over 300 hundred wastewater treatment plants representing over 100M people. Since the Company’s founding in 2017 from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) laboratory, we have been building capabilities to combat public health crises like the opioid epidemic, and plan to expand our early warning platform to serve as a resource management hub for disease, nutrition disparities, and more. Please note that at this time Biobot is unable to sponsor employment visas.
In this role you will:
- Produce robust, secure, modular, and maintainable code.
- Work with front and back-end developers, data engineers, QA testers and UX/UI designers to ideate through technical solutions and pixel perfect implementation.
- Help establish internal development best practices and workflows or libraries that help other internal developers be more efficient
Who you are:
- Highly proficient in:
- Consuming, designing and implementing RESTful APIs with Express.js or a similar framework.
- NodeJS and the React.js and Redux frameworks.
- Experienced with:
- Implementing cross-browser, responsive designs.
- Maintaining relational databases like PostgreSQL in production.
- Designing continuous deployment systems using Jenkins or similar technologies.
- Setting up and using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis or Circle CI.
- Using version control systems such as git and GitHub.
- Familiar with:
- Kubernetes, ECS or similar containerized deployment systems.
- Major cloud platform- AWS, GCP, Azure, or Heroku.
- Caching systems like Redis.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing or consuming GraphQL APIs.
- Interest in working on a science-focused public health product.
- Familiarity with prototyping UI features and thinking through API architectures to aid customers in understanding their data in the context of other public health data sources.
- The desire to be part of an early stage start-up, and comfort with stepping out of traditional role boundaries and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Last and certainly not least:
- At Biobot, we believe that the best technologists can improve society and we strive to build a workplace in which everyone can thrive. Our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from women; non-binary, trans, and gender-non conforming individuals; Black and indigenous individuals, and people from other minority racial and ethnic groups; and other groups traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
- To learn more about Biobot, check out some recent press: https://www.biobot.io/media.