Head of Laboratory Operations
Cambridge, MA /
The Head of Laboratory Operations is a key leadership role on Biobot’s lab team. Your primary responsibility will be to lead our laboratory operations to ensure that we deliver best-in-class results for our customers. You are also the central point connecting the lab to the rest of the company, and will interact heavily with the business development, operations, data and engineering teams. We need you to ensure that our laboratory is best-of-class in the field, to accommodate Biobot’s growth of our customer base and our product offerings.
In this role you will:
- Manage all administrative and operational tasks for the laboratory, including inventory and supply chain
- Serve as the main point of contact for lab-related contractors, vendors, and facilities personnel
- Lead all lab operations, including LIMS development, quality control, physical space and equipment planning and purchasing
- Manage lab personnel resourcing and scheduling to ensure adequate shift coverage to accommodate fluctuating workloads
- Ensure appropriate scheduled/preventative maintenance of all equipment, up-to-date certifications, current and continued training of personnel, and other regulatory requirements
- Mentor junior staff in laboratory safety, use of equipment and proper laboratory procedures
- Create EH&S standards and procedures, developing a training program and holding staff accountable
You will have:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant scientific field
- 5+ years of lab operations management experience, ideally in a small company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, independence and a willingness to learn in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to travel by car in the Cambridge area when necessary; must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience with both biology and chemistry lab processes and requirements, including LC-MS, qPCR and NGS
- Experience working with databases (LIMS)
- Competitive compensation & options
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, & vision insurance
And so much more!
Please note that Biobot is currently unable to sponsor employment visas.
About Biobot Analytics
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope of the outbreak in communities. We are operating in almost 500 communities across 43 states, and generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Inspired by the potential of wastewater epidemiology, we are the first company in the world to bring wastewater epidemiology to market. We are VC backed by top investors including The Engine, DCVC, Y Combinator and Homebrew.
Battling the drug epidemic and now the Covid19 outbreak is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot will be an early warning system for disease, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.