Customer Support Associate
New York, NY; Boston, MA; Remote /
We are looking for an energetic team member to join Biobot’s growing customer facing team. This role will be focused on building and maintaining a best in class customer experience for the organizations Biobot works with. You’ll be focused on short term needs in responding to reactive customer tickets with a longer term vision of proactively orchestrating the customer journey towards retention. This role will report to Biobot’s Director of Customer Success and must be able to work directly with a variety of different customer types, including scientific-minded customers.
- Be responsible for day-to-day communication of customer service functions via phone, email, and support tickets
- Investigate issues through internal and external tools and systems
- Surface the voice of the customer from your regular interactions with them
- Shape content that helps optimize our customers learning, and getting answers they need
- Be a key player in shaping the future of the team and organization
Need to Haves:
- Communication skills - You’ll need to be able to be conversant in complex concepts to both novices and experts
- High motor - Biobot is a fast paced organization and we prioritize fast and efficient customer communication
- Problem solving skills - You should be able to do some detective work to find answers to customer questions and issues
- Desire to learn - While we don’t expect you already be an expert in wastewater epidemiology, you’ll need to learn the language to succeed in this role
- Drive to achieve - Our goal is to make every touchpoint a positive experience for our customers and strive for high marks on our KPI measurements
- Experience working with external stakeholders. Could be clients, customers, partners, public officials, etc.
- Tech savviness - Comfortably navigate our tools to manage our customer base, and be proactive in suggesting improvements
- Resiliency - Stay cool under pressure when faced with challenges
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in customer service/success/support at a B2B organization
- Previous experience in public health program management, advocacy, donor relations and/or partnership management
- Previous experience as a user of CRM and/or ticketing software - e.g. Salesforce, Zendesk, Gainsight, etc.
At Biobot, we are working together to build a team environment in which everyone can thrive and is proud to belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope of the outbreak in communities. We are operating in almost 500 communities across 43 states, and generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Inspired by the potential of wastewater epidemiology, we are the first company in the world to bring wastewater epidemiology to market. We are VC backed by top investors including The Engine, DCVC, Y Combinator and Homebrew.
Battling the drug epidemic and now the Covid19 outbreak is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot will be an early warning system for disease, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.