Biobot is seeking a dedicated and meticulous cybersecurity specialist to join our growing team. This role straddles both traditional IT security and DevSecOps. You’ll be working closely with the Cloud Operations group and the broader tech team to ensure our software, hardware, and related systems are protected from cyber attacks. Job duties include, but are not limited to, developing new security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling any and all cyber incidents in an efficient and effective manner. Candidates should have a strong background in traditional security and IT systems, have experience securing cloud-based deployments, and possess a deep understanding of the current and evolving cybersecurity risk landscape.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (What you will be doing):
- Safeguarding information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security vulnerabilities
- Developing effective security strategies for software, network, and data systems
- Identifying risk and remediation activities for risk areas
- Helping to select and set a compliance roadmap for chosen compliance frameworks (e.g. FedRAMP / SOC2)
- Auditing and managing access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Working to implement SSO / SAML across the organization
- Working closely with the software teams within established SDLC process to build security practices and awareness into the development cycle
- Research best ways to secure company-wide IT infrastructure and assets
- Monitor software for external intrusions, attacks, and hacks, and help to build the monitoring and alerting infrastructure to make this possible
- Work with technical teams and operations staff to set monitoring and response procedures, on call schedules, and process for handling incidents
- Close off security vulnerabilities in the case of an attack
- Work independently or as part of a team as needed
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements (What you need to succeed):
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of cloud, software, and network systems
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to identify vulnerabilities and appropriate remediations
- Experience with cloud security tools and frameworks (e.g. Prisma Cloud, Snyk)
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitudeAbility to rationalize overall risk within the context of an ecosystem
- Forensic approach to challenges
- Ability to think like an attacker and anticipate potential threats
- Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape
Education and/or Work Experience Bonuses (What will help you succeed):
- 4-year degree in a related field, or equivalent working experience
- 4+ years in a security-focused role (ITSec, DevSecOps, etc…)
- 6+ years of professional IT / software / technical experience
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Standing or sitting for several hours at a time
- Listening and speaking clearly on video conferencing for several hours a day
Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families, including a $0 deductible medical plan. We want our employees to manage their health and that of their families without worrying about high premiums or deductibles.
Unlimited PTO with 3 week minimum. Whether it's playing MTG or D&D, singing on stage, camping, raising chickens, or anything else that inspires, we want our employees to unplug and explore their passions.
12 weeks parental leave at 100% pay. We love Biobabies and know that bonding with a new child is a critical need for employees and Biobabies alike.
3% Biobot 401k contribution. Regardless of whether our employees contribute, we contribute 3% of salaries into participating employees' 401k accounts because we want to support their long-term financial goals.
$500 home office stipend for remote employees; free parking + commuter benefits and free meals for lab employees. Onsite or at home, we ensure our employees' workspace is set up for success.
At Biobot, we are working together to build a team environment in which everyone can thrive and is proud to belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure biomarkers in sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope and trend of the outbreak in communities. We have operated in almost 500 communities across 43 U.S. states, generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Battling the opioid epidemic and now the Covid19 pandemic is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot data will be an early warning system for disease outbreaks, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.