New York, NY; Boston, MA; Remote /
Biobot’s mission is to build resilient and inclusive public health infrastructure by turning our sewers into early warning health observatories. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Biobot pioneered wastewater analysis (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) as a tool for tracking the progression of the virus through communities. We are now the leader in pathogen detection for community-level and building wastewater, as evidenced by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ recent award to sponsor COVID-19 monitoring by Biobot of over 300 hundred wastewater treatment plants representing over 100M people. Since the Company’s founding in 2017 from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) laboratory, we have been building capabilities to combat public health crises like the opioid epidemic, and plan to expand our early warning platform to serve as a resource management hub for disease, nutrition disparities, and more.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to help maintain and develop our Kubernetes-based cloud infrastructure, work closely with the engineering and data science teams, and ensure that Biobot’s platform is reliable and can scale to meet future demands. Please note that at the current time Biobot is unable to sponsor employment visas.
What you will be doing
- Ensure that Biobot’s platform is highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on Biobot’s EKS architecture
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform experience preferred)
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
What will help you succeed
- 4+ years of production experience
- BS/MS in computer science, information system, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with OpenVPN server setup and management
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly-available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS)Expertise with AWS (e.g. IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda)Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward
At Biobot, we strive to build a workplace in which everyone can thrive. Our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from women; non-binary, trans, and gender-non conforming individuals; Black and indigenous individuals, and people from other minoritized racial and ethnic groups; and other groups traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.