Full-Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to join us at Biobot. You will work with a talented, cross-functional team to build and improve our internal software platform which is responsible for managing data flow throughout our production systems and our customer-facing digital products which are responsible for delivering rich and valuable insights into our customer’s wastewater data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (What you will be doing):
- Design and build API integrations with internal and third-party software services such as LIMS and CRM tools
- Develop applications with React.js and have a deep understanding of its core principles such as components, life cycle methods, and the virtual DOM
- Produce robust, secure, modular, and maintainable code.
- Work with front and back-end developers, data engineers, QA testers and UX/UI designers to ideate through technical solutions and pixel perfect implementation.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Applicants must be experienced with:
- React component libraries like antd, material-UI, or similar.
- Front-end visualization libraries like D3, Visx, or Plotly.js skills
- Asynchronous web communication patterns (message queues, pub-sub)
- Maintaining relational databases like PostgreSQL in production.
- Using version control systems such as git and GitLab.
Education and/or Work Experience Bonuses (What will help you succeed):
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms- AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Containerization and Docker experience.
- Experience with serverless solutions like AWS Lambda and AWS SAM.
- Exposure to caching systems like Redis.
- Previous experience working with scientific or other third-party software (LIMS, ERP, MES)
- Familiarity with prototyping UI features and thinking through API architectures to aid customers in understanding their data in the context of other public health data sources.
- Interest in working on a science-focused public health product.
- The desire to be part of an early stage start-up, and comfort with stepping out of traditional role boundaries and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Required standing or sitting for several hours straight at a time.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone and video conferencing for several hours each day.
The estimated salary for this position is $130,000 to $165,000 depending on prior work experience. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this position.
The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: total experience, applicable knowledge and relevant skills. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s leveling upon offer.
Please see below for more information about Biobot, including our benefits overview, company background, and employment eligibility requirements.
We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Additionally, we are currently only accepting applicants from the states listed below. You will be asked to confirm your location in your application to help us determine your eligibility for this position.
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families, including a $0 deductible medical plan. We want our employees to manage their health and that of their families without worrying about high premiums or deductibles.
Unlimited PTO with 3 week minimum. Whether it's playing MTG or D&D, singing on stage, camping, raising chickens, or anything else that inspires, we want our employees to unplug and explore their passions.
12 weeks parental leave at 100% pay. We love Biobabies and know that bonding with a new child is a critical need for employees and Biobabies alike.
3% Biobot 401k contribution. Regardless of whether our employees contribute, we contribute 3% of salaries into participating employees' 401k accounts because we want to support their long-term financial goals.
Onsite or at home, we ensure our employees' workspace is set up for success through generous home office stipend for remote employees, free parking or commuter benefits and on-site meals for lab employees.
At Biobot, we are working together to build a team environment in which everyone can thrive and is proud to belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure biomarkers in sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope and trend of the outbreak in communities. We have operated in almost 500 communities across 43 U.S. states, generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Battling the opioid epidemic and now the Covid19 pandemic is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot data will be an early warning system for disease outbreaks, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
Please visit our website at www.biobot.io