Data Quality Analyst
New York, NY; Boston, MA; Remote /
Biobot’s mission is to build resilient and inclusive public health infrastructure by turning our sewers into early warning health observatories. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Biobot pioneered wastewater analysis (based on what is excreted in urine and stool) as a tool for tracking the progression of the virus through communities. We are now the leader in pathogen detection for community-level and building wastewater, as evidenced by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ recent award to sponsor COVID-19 monitoring by Biobot of over 300 hundred wastewater treatment plants representing over 100M people. Since the Company’s founding in 2017 from a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) laboratory, we have been building capabilities to combat public health crises like the opioid epidemic, and plan to expand our early warning platform to serve as a resource management hub for disease, nutrition disparities, and more. Please note that Biobot is currently unable to sponsor employment visas.
As a Data Quality Analyst at Biobot, you will be responsible for returning the highest quality data possible to our customers, ensuring that they can make the public health decisions needed to navigate pandemics and to keep their communities safe. You will be reviewing our COVID-19 and other data and reports, and will also develop metrics and processes to improve our report quality. You will be part of our data science team, and will work closely with many other groups at Biobot - our software engineers, lab scientists, and customer experience professionals. We need you to drive us to be better - and to keep our customers and their public health needs at the center of our work.
How you will contribute:
- Review all production data and sign off on delivery to customers
- Develop and improve QC cut-offs and checklists
- Be the point of contact between the customer experience and data science teams, prioritizing urgent customer work as needed
- Maintain QC records and databases
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, or another quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of work experience in data analytics, ideally in a domain related to public health or the life sciences
- The drive to put customers’ public health needs first
- Experience with Python or R
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- A detail-oriented, organized, and data-driven approach to their work
- Note: Ability to regularly work up to 4 hours on Saturdays is required
- Competitive compensation & options
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, & vision insurance
- And so much more!
About Biobot Analytics
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope of the outbreak in communities. We are operating in almost 500 communities across 43 states, and generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Inspired by the potential of wastewater epidemiology, we are the first company in the world to bring wastewater epidemiology to market. We are VC backed by top investors including The Engine, DCVC, Y Combinator and Homebrew.
Battling the drug epidemic and now the Covid19 outbreak is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot will be an early warning system for disease, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.