Summer 2017 Explore & Explain Internship
Lower East Side, NYC
BioBus is now accepting applications for our Summer 2017 Explore & Explain Internship! Founded in 2008, BioBus provides people of all ages and backgrounds access to hands-on research lab experiences inside mobile as well as stationary community laboratories. This summer, we are looking for college and high school interns with passions for exploration and community engagement to join our Lower East Side team.
Interns will receive training and mentorship by Ph.D. level scientists, while learning how to carry out independent investigations using research-grade microscopes. They will also gain science communication and outreach skills by helping to facilitate programs on the BioBus mobile science lab. Interns will be exposed to professional development activities and receive a modest stipend, but are responsible for housing and travel arrangements.
- Conduct research in our community laboratory under the guidance of a BioBus scientist
- Must be able to legally work in the United States at the time of the internship in order to receive a stipend
- Support BioBus programs in the Lower East Side and across NYC
- Engage a diverse audience in hands-on science activities
- Be an enthusiastic member of the BioBus community.
- Available for the full duration of the internship from July 10 – August 18
- Current college or high school student (any level)
- Have a genuine interest in scientific discovery
- Interest in working with younger students and the general public to cultivate scientific curiosity and literacy
- Prior completion of introductory biology courses is a plus
- Leadership experience is a plus
Deadline Extended! Interested students should submit an application by: March 22, 2017. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified of a decision by email in early April. Questions? Please contact Tiffany King, PhD: email@example.com
The program will primarily be located at BioBase at the Lower Eastside Girls Club: 402 E. 8th Street New York, NY 10009. Interns will be expected to work 5 days a week, with exact schedules to be determined.