3D Generalist - Freelance
New York, NY /
Who we are
BioDigital has built the first cloud platform for visualizing the human body in interactive 3D. Similar to Google Earth, but for the human body, our cutting edge technology is used on a global scale by patients and professionals who need a more engaging, visual format for learning about health and medicine. Our unique team is leveraging this work to achieve our mission of improving global health literacy.
Who you are
BioDigital is looking for a talented 3D Generalist on a freelance basis to create assets for anatomical education, device demonstration, and molecular mode of action usage. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with both organic and hard-surface modeling in a low-poly game environment.
- Create, revise and animate digital assets, responding to guidance and review from the art and scientific directors as well as creative and technical supervisors
- Optimize models for export in our proprietary WebGL system
- Ensure that digital assets meet standards and specifications with respect to aesthetics, scientific accuracy, and optimization
- Intermediate to advanced experience with low-polygon modeling for real-time environments
- Advanced Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter experience required
- Highly motivated, curious, able to work both independently and with a team
- 1-2 years professional experience in 3D modeling and texturing and animation
- Rigging experience a plus
- An interest in, and knowledge of, human anatomy visualization preferred
- Thoughtful regarding performance and optimization
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong design sense for visual details and realism
- Bachelor’s degree in 3D visualization and design, animation or equivalent
- Master’s degree in medical and scientific illustration, or equivalent experience, a plus
Equal Opportunity Workplace
BioDigital is committed to equal employment opportunity and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All hiring decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, parental status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.