BIC Facility Operator
About BioEnergy DevCo:
Bioenergy DevCo is a world leader in the finance, design, construction, engineering, andoperation of anaerobic digestion facilities. Through its wholly owned subsidiary BTS Biogas, BDCcan insure and guarantee facility performance of its more than 220 facilities worldwide. Byseeing challenges as opportunities, BDC uses anaerobic digestion to recycle organic waste into two products very important to our future - renewable energy and organic soil conditioners. We develop facilities that offer true sustainable alternatives in energy, agriculture, and waste management.
BioEnergy is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking Compost Facility Operator for our recently acquired composting facility, located near Seaford, Delaware. This 225 acre facility, which includes an operational industrial compost facility, was recently acquired and will be developed into a cornerstone to our growing business. The Compost Facility Operator will assume main responsibility for the composting facility, including managing staff that are, in turn, responsible for facility operation, maintenance, worker safety, and administration. The Compost Facility Operator will be responsible for recordkeeping and reporting required by our operating permits. The ideal candidate will be results-driven, comfortable rolling up their sleeves, and capable of interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization. In addition to the composting facility, this site will also house a new anaerobic digestion facility, which will be built in 2020 - 2021. The successful candidate will be exposed to this innovative AD technology and could potentially take on oversight of the AD facility once it is completed.
- Be responsible for and continuously improve the day-to-day operations of facility according to operating permits, State and Federal regulations, and OSHA requirements
- Serve as the facility’s direct point of contact for the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, including compliance with all operating permits and reporting requirements.
- Promote a culture of safety, collaboration, quality, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures and protocols for compost operations, staff training and management, logistics, and overall safety of the facility and its personnel
- Manage the maintenance of various rolling stock and fixed assets
- Monitor and analyze costs, prepare budgets, and provide direct oversight of the composting facility
- Experience with composting operations, equipment and infrastructure maintenance, and staff is required.
- Experience with developing and implementing environmental compliance programs or compost facility management is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail – must have experience of record-keeping and monitoring of the facility
- Entrepreneurial team player - must have experience managing and operating a business
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and solving ambiguous problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use computers, including the standard set of office software and telecommunications
- Appreciation of the principles of sustainable waste management and renewable energy
- Ability to adjust to changing conditions and willingness to work off-shift, holidays, and weekends as needed