Facility Laborer/Equipment Operator
Seaford, DE /
Plant Operations /
This position will assist with all day-to-day composting operations and facility maintenance. The ideal candidate is reliable, dependable, and hardworking, and completes work with attention to detail. Position reports to the Compost Operations Manager. The position offers advancement opportunities to the right candidate with successful completion of training and experience. Positions include Compost Operator and A.D. Operator of the new multi-million dollar Anaerobic Digestor currently under construction at the facility.
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities and equipment, including, sweeping, washing, hosing, and scrubbing.
- Perform routine daily preventative maintenance on equipment including greasing, adjusting, and fueling.
- Safely, correctly, and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Perform general grounds maintenance using company-provided tools and equipment, such as, digging, raking, sweeping, mowing, weeding, and painting.
- Take direction from supervisors and work within a team committed to safety, product quality, and performance.
- Receive and understand instruction and training on the proper and safe use of equipment.
- Be responsible for your workplace, tools, equipment, and personal safety.
- Wear required PPE, and company supplied uniforms at all times.
- Be alert to and report any possible security and safety concerns to management.
Qualifications | Skills
- Willing and able to work outside in all weather and in dirty and odorous conditions for majority of work schedule.
- Experience operating mowers, tractors, skid steers, fork lifts, or wheel loaders ideal but not required.
- Prior work experience with composting, horticulture, agriculture, manufacturing, and/or construction ideal but not required.
- Familiar with basic hand tools.
- Able to accurately collect, record, and tabulate numerical data.
- Able to understand and follow written and oral directions in English.
- Able to read and write in English.
- Able to perform basic math skills.
- HS General Education Degree or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license REQUIRED to routinely operate the company pickup truck and drive offsite for supplies.
- A valid Forklift Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator, or CDL driver’s license ideal but not required.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and/or sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel as well as give hand signals.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions, including heat, cold and rain.
- Able to speak clearly and hear, including via radio communications.
- Ability to stand and walk for entire shift.
- Ability to reach and pull with hands and arms; in addition to, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Will occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 2008, BTS Biogas is a world-renowned technological innovator in the renewable energy market. The company is responsible for the development, engineering, construction, and maintenance of over 230 biogas and biomethane plants across Europe, North America and East Asia. By recycling organic materials from municipalities, food companies and farms, BTS Biogas facilities are designed to generate a consistent supply of renewable energy as well as soil improvers and fertilizers. Through its proprietary, industry-leading anaerobic digestion technology, BTS Biogas is decreasing greenhouse gas emissions around the globe and helping local communities effectively transition towards the circular economy. BTSNA recently formed in January 2021 and focuses more directly on BTS’s efforts in North America. To learn more, visit: https://www.bts-biogas.com/en
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.