Manager / Sr. Manager of IR
Redwood City , CA /
Full Time Employee (FTE)
We are seeking a Manager / Senior Manager of Investor Relations that is highly motivated to join our team and work on-site at an exciting biotech start-up in the heart of downtown Redwood City. The Mngr. / Sr. Mngr. of IR will be responsible for overseeing meaningful content creation as well as the execution of strategic communication campaigns to inform the financial community about Biomea’s latest innovations. The ideal candidate for this role possesses excellent communication skills, is dynamic and has previous experience working in biotech, pharmaceutical industry and investor relations.
- Establish a deep understanding of the company and drive the creation of a compelling messaging platform.
- Develop and consistently coordinate among the team a Q&A document, covering all relevant information regarding the company, its programs and any other investor/media relevant data points.
- Execute communication strategies to inform and keep the financial community up-to-date on Biomea’s latest innovations and pipeline.
- Lead the creation of yearly IR plans, oversee an active marketing calendar that supports a strategic and proactive investor relations program.
- Update the design and content of corporate materials such as the company presentation, press releases, external briefing materials and executive scripts.
- Oversee the design and management of the IR website.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to distribute communications for the financial community on scientific data and regulatory milestones.
- Observe industry and peer announcements to provide concise summaries for internal stakeholders.
- Comprehend, interpret and build financial valuation models as well as understand complex financial statements.
- Autonomously compose clear, concise and error-free documents.
- Conduct meetings, oversee projects, deliver clear, cohesive presentations to the leadership team and prepare them for calls and conferences.
- Coordinate and plan earnings calls, investor conferences, NDR’s, investor events, conference call scripts and any other investor engagement activities.
- Manage the IR inbox and effectively respond to information requests.
- Manage the IR budget and act as the primary relationship manager for external vendors.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Science or other relevant field required, an MBA degree is preferred with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience required.
- Knowledge of regulations and governing communication’s policies preferred.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry, life sciences and investor relations is a must.
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suites with an emphasis on PowerPoint, Word & Excel. Knowledge of MS Teams is a plus.
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and motivated self-starter with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Biomea Fusion, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.