Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Redwood City , CA /
Full Time Employee (FTE)
We are seeking a Marketing & Social Media Specialist that is highly motivated to work onsite at our exciting biotech start-up in Redwood City. The Marketing & Social Media Specialist will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and execute the company’s overall digital and social media strategy for external audiences. This individual will be responsible for content creation, implementation and active community management that aligns with the company’s communication strategy. This role will also be responsible for managing the company website and partnering with IT and any other departments to ensure design and content alignment. A solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to develop customized content for each social channel to engage users is required. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong work ethic and pay close attention to detail.
Social Media Specialist Responsibilities
- Build and execute a social media strategy designed to enhance Biomea Fusion’s brand and support corporate objectives via multiple social channels.
- Manage the company website, content and any design changes.
- Create and review content across all digital and social platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify relevant updates for Biomea’s website.
- Partner with Communications colleagues to generate, edit and publish original content designed to build meaningful connections with key stakeholder audiences on digital and social channels.
- Create and manage editorial calendars and content posting schedules.
- Continuously conduct research on current trends taking place on various social media channels.
- Maintain relevance on current regulations governing the use of social media platforms in the healthcare space.
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics as well as social media analytics.
- Serve as primary communicator to respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor stakeholder input posted on social channels.
- Act as community manager for all company social channels by consistently engaging with the online community.
- Create and edit company videos for external use.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant industry training.
- At least 2 years of experience launching and managing digital and social channels at a company, agency or institution (e.g. academic).
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or experience utilizing social media in a highly regulated environment (i.e. pharmaceutical/healthcare) is a plus.
- Demonstrated social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and other relevant graphic design tools.
- Ability to create in-house social content including photographs, videos, reels and stories.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, video editing, CRO and SEO.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suites. Knowledge of MS Teams and ability to code, is a plus.
- Positive attitude and detail oriented with good organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to act independently and handle tasks with minimal direction.
- Proven flexibility in a dynamic environment; able to handle multiple projects in parallel.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and in-person.
- Operates well in a team-based, collaborative environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Biomea Fusion, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.