IT Lab Support Technician
Redwood City , CA /
Full Time Employee (FTE)
We are seeking an IT Lab Support Technician to work on-site and help manage our upcoming move into our new 17,000 sq ft. Innovation Center and Laboratory in San Carlos, CA in support of precision small molecule drug design. From there, the successful candidate will bring their ability to analyze, develop and leverage platforms to help us create the Lab of the future and oversee day-to-day IT Lab operations. Working closely with QA and the Lab manager, you will support a diverse portfolio of Lab equipment in a GxP regulated environment. You will serve as the 1st point of contact and act as the liaison between Lab personnel and the IT Department to ensure requirements are assessed, prioritized and paired with technical solutions in a timely manner. The IT Lab Support Technician will assist with onboarding new employees to the Lab environment and have the unique opportunity to scale laboratory operations and contribute to a dynamic and fast-growing start-up environment.
- Serve as a liaison between Chemistry, Biology, CMC, DMPK, lab personnel and the IT Department to ensure business requirements are assessed, prioritized and paired with technical solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage support for a diverse portfolio of laboratory equipment including NMR, GC, LC, Mass spec.
- Adhere strictly to process driven workflows as dictated by Quality Management Systems (QMS) detailing Hardware/ Software Qualification, Validation, Capa, Deviation and IT change control.
- Develop Dot-matrix platform expanding capabilities from initial ELN deployment.
- Ensure system/ data survivability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of related, demonstrated laboratory experience supporting lab operations in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical GxP regulated environment.
- Experience with validation of Lab computer systems.
- Ability to author lab specific SOPs.
- Ability to troubleshoot IT level issues related to lab equipment including network topology & system interfaces.
- Experience with “ELN” electronic lab notebook. Dotmatix platform a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, organization, and attention to detail.
- Highly proficient using Microsoft 365.
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to contribute wherever necessary to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Biomea Fusion, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.