Dir. / Sr. Dir. of Project Management
Redwood City , CA /
Full Time Employee (FTE)
We are seeking a Dir. / Sr. Dir. of Project Management to join our growing team to work on-site at an exciting biotech start-up in Redwood City. The Dir. / Sr. Dir. of Project Management will be responsible for successfully planning, implementing and executing assigned activities. The ideal candidate will assure the accurate transfer of projects from the proposal stage through project completion and is functionally responsible for all team members participation throughout the duration of each project. A successful Project Manager will have experience with IND filing and provide clear communication, process documentation, and compliance procedures ensuring on-time completion of projects.
- Manage complex projects to ensure timelines and on-budget delivery of project goal(s).
- Understand requested projects, turn strategies into plans and drive the project to completion.
- Lead cross-functional project teams and create integrated project plans including scope, timing, risk and communication.
- Create and distribute meeting agendas prior to meetings and distribute minutes in a timely manner post-meeting.
- Follow-up on action items in-between meetings and ensure accountability of team members in the completion of their action items.
- Maintain MS Teams database with project status, timelines, and key project information.
- Apply expertise as a project manager within the biotech industry to successfully deliver project and program outcomes while managing stakeholder expectation.
- Develop systems to identify potential obstacles of the successful completion of the projects; analyze information and develop innovative solutions to challenges.
- Assist with developing, documenting, and updating internal processes required for consistency across programs such as SOPs, working practices, and related quality assurance forms.
- Maintain positive client relationships while keeping all project reporting current and providing executive management with regular updates.
- Interface with all levels of management and ensure alignment throughout the organization.
- Effectively frame and present information to senior leadership.
- Experience with IND filing.
- Maintain current knowledge of FDA regulations, and GCP and ICH Guidelines for clinical research.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS/BA degree required, Ph. D or advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience in pharmaceutical/biotech.
- Strong knowledge of project management tools including schedules, communication plans, risk plans, resource plans, scope & change management tools, action item trackers, and project plans.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution skills, and cross functional collaboration skills with the ability to network with different functional areas.
- Project Management Certification is a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Biomea Fusion, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.