Redwood City , CA /
Clinical Science /
We are seeking a Scientific Writer that is highly motivated to join our team and work for an exciting biotech start-up in Redwood City. As Scientific Writer for Biomea Fusion, you will be responsible for researching, writing, and editing scientific reports for executives, regulatory documents, business documents, and content for publication and presentations.
- Work in a collaborative team to develop conference materials (abstracts, posters, presentations), marketing materials, and peer reviewed publications.
- Work closely with Clinical Affairs, Research and Development, Marketing, and Medical Education teams.
- Draft, edit, and submit abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and manuscripts targeted for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Participate in the writing, editing, and confirmation of the scientific accuracy of marketing and medical education materials, including white papers.
- Perform data analysis as needed and develop related graphics and figures.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and with external service providers to ensure the timely development, review, and publication of documents.
- Lead document preparation activities, including organizing and interpreting scientific and statistical data, writing the documents, and ensuring their review by relevant parties.
- Work with third parties including academic partners, key opinion leaders, and contractors during development of technical documents.
- Attend and participate in routine departmental meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Genetics, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, other relevant scientific discipline, or equivalent required. Advanced degree preferred; Doctoral degree (PhD, MD or PharmD) a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience of which, a minimum of 2 years of experience writing/editing scientific documents/publications experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, or medical communications industries.
- Experience or background in molecular biology/genomics, oncology, prenatal testing, or diagnostics a plus.
- Must have experience in IND (Investigative New Drug) writing.
- Experience submitting abstracts and manuscripts to congresses and journals.
- Experience in preparation of clinical mechanism of action pathway/regulatory documents for US and non-US regulatory submissions required (e.g., Clinical Protocols, INDs, NDAs, BLAs, CTDs).
- Excellent writing ability with strong editorial and formatting skills.
- Ability to create high quality documents that effectively and clearly convey scientific data, properly identify/target the audience for each document, and communicate key messages clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally, collaborate, negotiate with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read the primary literature and analyze data.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of biostatistical and clinical research concepts.
- Familiarity with electronic literature search tools and obtaining copyright permissions.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) skills; experience using Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Professional, and InDesign) a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Biomea Fusion, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.