Dir. / Sr. Dir., HR
Redwood City , CA /
Human Resources /
Full Time Employee (FTE)
We are seeking a Senior Director / Director of HR that is highly motivated to join our team and work on-site at an exciting biotech start-up in Redwood City. The Dir. / Sr. Dir. of Human Resources is responsible for the organization and administration of all aspects of the Human Resources functions for Biomea Fusion, Inc. Responsibilities include developing HR systems from the ground-up; recruiting talent, on-boarding new hires, payroll, benefits administration, compensation, performance reviews, training and safety compliance, employee file administration, and ensuring all policies and procedures meet legal compliance regulations. The ideal candidate for this position possesses the ability to interface with employees at all levels and facilitate employee engagement. In addition, the candidate will strategically lead, develop and coordinate policies and activities in line with the company culture.
- Develop recruiting and retention plans and policies in collaboration with the leadership team that are in line with the company's vision and mission to attract and retain top talent.
- Establish an efficient recruitment, selection and hiring process for the organization.
- Evaluate trends and metrics to further develop HR solutions, programs, and policies.
- Oversee the implementation of a standardized human resource process and talent management system to attain maximum efficiency.
- Strategize employee benefit, payroll, health and safety programs.
- Design, maintain and amend learning, development and performance review programs.
- Oversee the company's diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage and administer the company's compensation rewards programs and recommend enhancements/changes as appropriate.
- Effectively evaluate, structure and implement benefits programs and compensation systems as needed.
- Assist with resolution of HR questions, concerns and issues from employees.
- Collaborate with team in the development of annual corporate goals and individual employee goals.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain compliance with employment, benefits, safety and other laws, regulations and best practices.
- Further develop the HR team as needed and oversee the daily workflow of the HR department.
- Implement corporate culture enhancing initiatives, activities, including team building events.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field with a min of 10+ years of experience in HR Management required.
- Successful management/ leadership experience.
- Experience in high-growth biotech company preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Experience with HR Information systems.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and be able to maintain the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Self-motivated individual that will continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented leader with exceptional organizational, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Biomea Fusion, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.