Machine Learning Engineer/Applied Scientist (Senior/Staff)
Remote (US & Canada)
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We're hiring our first Machine Learning Engineer/Applied Scientist to join our AI product and personalization team to build the ML and AI system that enables scientists to effortlessly create beautiful and effective figures. We are looking for individuals who are product driven, and are passionate about making ML innovations in areas such as deep learning, LLM, personalization, computer vision and recommendation system. Excitement for applied research is a must as you combine rigorous thinking with practical tooling to meet these modeling challenges efficiently.
- Apply the latest advances in deep learning and machine learning on various business and ML domains.
- Prototype, optimize, and productionize ML models that help deliver key results.
- Influence the company’s ML system and data infrastructure to power personalization, recommendations to make it faster for our users to create communication materials.
- Work closely with product managers, scientists, full-stack engineers, and designers on product teams.
- Bring cutting-edge research and industry knowledge into the team around recommendation system, NLP, machine learning, deep learning, generative AI and related areas.
Our Ideal Fit
- Deep proficiency in machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or equivalent, along with mastery of Python programming.
- Strong expertise in containerization (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) for deploying and managing machine learning applications.
- You have dealt with data exploration, analysis, and feature engineering.
- Experience using Python to create batch data-processing pipelines, libraries, and services
- Experience with cloud infrastructure tools and cloud ML platforms
- Work effectively in an agile development process
- You have experience building a variety of ML applications end to end
- Familiar with the state-of-the-art deep learning and AI research
- Experience optimizing and deploying LLMs to production is a plus
- Applied machine learning experience in related fields such as recommendation systems, natural language processing, deep learning and generative AI is a bonus
We're interested in what you know, not how you learned it. You might demonstrate any of these qualifications through any mix of, for example, academic degrees, professional experience, academic research, and open source contributions. We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about the role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and are enthusiastic about making software that improves scientific communication, we want to hear from you.
Why Join Us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
Check out our candidate resource - Engineering, Product & Design at BioRender!
You can also read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!