Account Executive (Remote Canada)
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are looking for a motivated Account Executive that has a tenacious, methodical approach to developing new business opportunities. You will work closely with members of our Leadership, Customer Success, and Business Development teams to find the right approach that ensures a great customer experience while maximizing revenue growth.
Our ideal fit
- Exceptional customer curiosity: You have a genuine interest in learning about the clients we serve, their goals, and their science communication pain points. You are curious, love asking questions, and can think outside of the box.
- Team-oriented approach: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love working on a diverse array of collaborative projects with different internal teams.
- Detail-oriented and data-focused approach: You are someone who is always looking for ways to improve and scale sales strategies, outreaches and playbooks.
- Manage the full sales cycle, selling into academic institutions and industry companies across North America and Europe
- Become an expert in BioRender’s features, benefits, and use cases
- Consistently attain and exceed all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory or category
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in CRM — measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Develop and execute on strategic account expansion plans for named enterprise accounts in assigned territory
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Success, Product and other internal teams to continue to improve and iterate on what’s required to succeed
What you bring to the table
- 2-5+ years of previous experience in full-cycle SaaS sales
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline or prior life sciences experience (e.g. biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry) OR experience selling highly technical products
- History of consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets and have
- Experience working on complex deals with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect effectively with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, team project liaisons, and industry executives
- Gritty and resourceful; you leverage tools and technology to sell strategically and efficiently
- Strong ability to interpret feedback and apply coaching quickly
What you can expect from our interview process
- Introductory calls: We will set up a 20-30 minute phone call with one of our recruiters and/or our Sales Leader, during which you’ll have the opportunity to share more about your experience and interests. You’ll also learn more about BioRender and the team you’re interviewing with. Feel free to ask any questions throughout these calls!
- Practical interview: You’ll be completing a practical exercise so we can see your skills in action and give you a realistic role preview. This exercise will be conducted with our Sales Leaders.
- Work history interview: This is a conversational interview with our Sales Leaders. They will review your past work and educational experiences in chronological order - you can read more about how to prepare for this interview here!
- Meet the team: Throughout our interview process, you can expect to meet with some of your potential colleagues.
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!