Customer Success Manager (Biotech and Pharma)
Toronto, ON /
Customer Success /
Thanks for the interest! Just a note in case there is some uncertainty due to COVID-19; we are still growing and actively hiring for this position as well as many others. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals, and we are passionate about accelerating scientific discovery and understanding by democratizing science communication.
We’re looking for a proactive hands-on individual to join our company as a Customer Success Manager. You will work with BioRender users, primarily biotech and pharmaceutical companies, to ensure they have the optimal experience using our product. Your focus will be on revenue growth, customer satisfaction, customer retention, and customer referenceability.
Our ideal fit
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Curious, enjoys asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
- Dedicated to building a product users love
- Passionate and enthusiastic about customer satisfaction
- Wants to revolutionize how science is communicated around the world
- Proactively reach out to clients & decision makers to ensure retention (emailing, calling, attending conferences)
- Onboard and speak to new users of our platform (webinars, instruction booklets, etc)
- Cultivate customer advocates, develop case studies, and engage with customers for speaking opportunities and other marketing activities
- Demonstrate platform to senior decision makers and employees
- Liaise with the medical illustration team to ensure the customers’ needs are being fulfilled
- Renew invoiced subscriptions
- Prevent churn, understanding where we can improve and addressing user concerns or requests
- Understand user satisfaction and track NPS scores
- Assist in running campaigns and contests to keep users happy and engaged
- Wear many hats to explore various career path options as the team grows (e.g. Product, Marketing, etc..)
What you bring to the table
- Masters or PhD in the Life Sciences
- Experience working in biotech or pharmaceutical research
- 1-3 years' experience in customer success or account management
- Comfortable working in a milestone-based position
- Knowledge of account management metrics, including churn, retention, and NPS
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Experience using either HubSpot or other customer success tracking platform
- Interest / knowledgeable in the life sciences
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Authorization to work in Canada
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Competitive salary + options
Professional development budget
High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.