Automation QA Developer
Toronto, ON /
Thanks for the interest! Just a note in case there is some uncertainty due to COVID-19; we are still growing and actively hiring for this position as well as many others. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals, and we are passionate about accelerating scientific discovery and understanding by democratizing science communication.
We are looking for an Automation QA Developer to reduce product bugs and increase product usability through manual and automated testing.
Our ideal fit
- Excited about quality assurance and testing as a career
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Ability to explain complex solutions clearly to others
- Looks for areas to simplify and automate repetitive tasks
Within your first three months, you'll:
- Write QA test plans based on product requirements and develop testing procedures
- Perform manual testing, cross browser and device checks
- Assist with bug triaging and backlog grooming
- Automate repetitive QA with cypress / jest tests
- Improve the CI/CD workflows for test automation
- Document bugs and work with product / engineering to fix
- Improve automated tooling detecting crashes / bugs
- Review system crash logs for bugs
- Design and implement accessibility features
What you bring to the table
- You have 2+ years of experience in quality assurance and testing, experience with Jest and Cypress testing or similar (Mocha, Selenium) is ideal
- You have experience working on a team with mature scrum/agile process
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Competitive salary + options
Professional development budget
High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.