Computer Graphics Software Developer
Toronto, ON /
Thanks for the interest! Just a note in case there is some uncertainty due to COVID-19; we are still growing and actively hiring for this position as well as many others. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Effective visuals and designs give scientists the tools to convey incredibly complex scientific concepts in an unambiguous, universally accessible way. At BioRender, our mission is to empower the world to learn and communicate science faster through visuals, and we are passionate about accelerating scientific discovery and understanding by democratizing science communication.
We are looking for a computer graphics individual contributor who has experience writing complex real-time rendering systems. Deep understanding of computer graphics, linear algebra, and computational geometry is a requirement.
Our ideal fit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-disciplinary teams
- Self starter who cares about code quality, customer experience and making a positive impact
- Enjoys technical challenges and finding new ways to solve difficult problems
- High-reaching, results-focused, metrics-driven
- Curious, takes initiative, and always learning
- Dedicated to building a product users love
- Wants to revolutionize how science is communicated around the world
- Participate in design, coding, testing, debugging, configuration and documenting of software solutions
- Work closely with product, medical illustrators, sales and growth to ship highest impact features to our users
- Learn new technologies or how to integrate with existing tools and libraries
- Find creative solutions to technical challenges as they arise
- Proactively address product issues
- Ensure code quality and work to minimize technical debt of solutions
- Consider trade-offs between different technologies in order to develop optimal solutions
What you bring to the table
- Experience (2+ years) in computer graphics (any platform)
- Experience with web-based graphics libraries is a plus, specifically Canvas, SVG, D3, WebGL, etc
- Web full-stack experience is a plus (Node.js, React, MongoDB and writing interactive web apps)
- Educational background in mathematics, computer graphics, computational biology or similar is a plus
- Experience working on SaaS web products with tight product development cycles is a plus
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
BioRender is a software tool that allows scientists to accelerate groundbreaking research across the life sciences by reducing the time it takes to visually communicate research from many hours to just minutes while drastically improving outputs. We aim to save scientists over 1 billion hours of wasted time per year so they can spend it performing life-changing medical research, teaching the scientists of tomorrow, and helping people understand the world around them.
An incredible group of investors back us, including Y Combinator, Refactor and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs in the world. Our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to the most renowned universities and research institutions.
Our tight-knit group is bonded by its shared commitment to our core values of resourcefulness, curiosity, integrity, empathy and humility. By both individually and collectively embodying these values, we can create clean, powerful, elegant solutions that delight our customers.
We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel good, and every member of our team deserves to feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including:
Competitive salary + options
High-growth position in the early stage of a promising company
Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
Additional perks like weekly lunches
Ideally, you would work onsite at our office in Toronto; however, given the ongoing restrictions brought on by COVID-19, this is currently a remote position. We are open to considering continuing in a remote capacity once restrictions are lifted.
If your interest is piqued, please apply. We'd love to hear from you. Also, be sure to check out other listings on our Careers page.
BioRender is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.