Government Client Relations Manager
Washington, DC /
Do you thrive in creative, innovative, IT and scientific environments? Do you like the challenge of building relationships within the government sector and creating new opportunities to drive revenue growth? Are you able to understand and speak to technical and scientific elements? Are you comfortable engaging senior leaders across all governmental functions and then synthesizing the challenges being presented from each voice? If you answered yes to any of those questions, BioTeam, Inc., has an opportunity for you.
BioTeam, Inc. is a growing life sciences consulting company. We have expertise bridging Science and IT, and we have a unique way of providing complete, and forward-thinking solutions to life sciences to help accelerate scientific research. We assess, recommend, and implement strategies, technologies, software and systems for our customers that are designed for the direct support of scientific research.
We are a completely virtual organization with employees across the country and also collaborative and fast-paced. We travel domestically and internationally to work with our diverse customer base. As the Client Relations Manager, you will work mainly from your home office in the Washington, DC area.
The Government Client Relations Manager is responsible for driving revenue by championing BioTeam’s mission to advance science. This role will build, maintain, and enhance working relationships with government clients through a deep understanding of their needs and aligning them with BioTeam’s capabilities and services. The Government Client Relations Manager will drive sustainable financial growth for BioTeam by identifying new sales opportunities, creating strategies to convert existing sales leads to contracted business, researching new potential client organizations, and attending networking events and key industry conferences.
As Government Client Relations Manager, you are a personable, collaborative, curious, and articulate team player. You understand how business is executed from both a scientific and technical viewpoint and will have worked with multiple markets in the past, such as federal, state and local Government. Your strong business acumen and experience also gives you insight into Government client’s business goals and how funding impacts these goals. In addition, you have superb listening skills that allow you to speak with various levels/functions from different clients and then translate what you hear into what BioTeam can deliver through a customized solution.
- Build exceptional client relationships through both broad and deep understanding of clients
- Externally manage diverse accounts, that may be high- and light-touch
- Work closely with clients to understand their challenges, funding, timing, etc. and balance their needs with strategy, structure, and flexibility
- Knowledge of government contracting processes and contract types in order to align and manage opportunities
- Meet or exceed annual revenue goals
- Research, identify, qualify and secure business opportunities
- Collaborate with consulting, client relations and leadership to secure, retain and grow new and existing accounts
- Assist with the creation of informative presentations, presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows and conferences
- Maintaining client information in BioTeam’s CRM system (Salesforce) for potential and existing sales opportunities
- Support for the Company’s growth strategy focused on both client satisfaction and financial gain
- Experience and desire to work remotely with approximately 25% overnight travel
Background and Experience:
- College degree from an accredited university; BA/BS in computer science or life science preferred or a combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of Government Sales experience
- Experience in a science research environment and/or in-depth technology knowledge with a life science focus preferred
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Ability to close complex sales opportunities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak with all levels of the organization and adapt communication style to the audience
- Proficient computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment managing multiple large projects
- Knowledge in large-scale scientific computing environments
- Ability to flow and thrive in ambiguity
- Demonstrated collaborative work style
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to excellence
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States and have or be able to qualify for government and customer security clearance
BioTeam offers a highly competitive employee compensation and benefits package, including generous base salary, medical and dental plans, dental and vision plans, life and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan with employer contributions.
This job operates in a home office environment, as well as at client locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The Company does not seek salary history information from applicants. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.