Senior Project Manager (Remote)
Washington DC-Baltimore Area /
BioTeam, Inc. is a growing life sciences consulting company. We have expertise bridging Science and IT, and we have a unique way of providing complete, and forward-thinking solutions to life sciences to help accelerate scientific research. We assess, recommend, design, and implement strategies, technologies, software, and systems for our customers that are designed for the direct support of scientific research. Our client list includes but not limited to government agencies, Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical and BioTech companies as well as leading Hospitals and Research Labs across the country. For more information about BioTeam and to see examples of our work, visit www.bioteam.net.
Why You Should Join Us
-Competitive base: $135,000 - $145,000 (with potential for a bonus)
-Completely virtual organization, which means you can work remotely from your home office in Washington DC area (when not traveling to client sites)
-Opportunity to contribute significantly to a growing mid-size company with potential for growth to a senior role at the company
-100% of your health & dental premiums for you & your family covered, effective day one
-100% of your short-term, long-term and life insurance covered
-Employer contributes annually to 401K, effective day one
As a Senior Project Manager, you will work alongside our Scientific and Technical Consultants and Technical Leads on projects ranging from assessments of our client’s scientific and technical environments to implementations of technical roadmaps. You are experienced, passionate, and knowledgeable about project management and client relationship management, have a keen business acumen, and prior experience working with IT infrastructure and technology implementations. The ideal candidate for the Senior Project Manager role will consider themselves a veteran of IT project management and will demonstrate proven success in leading project teams in the delivery of on-time, on-budget, and in-scope projects with the highest quality outcomes possible. While you do not need to have deep hands-on technical or scientific backgrounds, you should be comfortable with IT-based technical projects and be generally familiar with scientific jargon.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, science, or a related field is preferred
- +7-10 years of experience as an IT or Research Computing project manager highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with both external clients and internal team members
- High level of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills, exceptional follow-through, and ability to juggle multiple priorities while keeping projects moving forward
- System-level thinker with a deep attention to detail
- Collaborative and able to bring team members together and work toward team goals
- Trustworthy, dependable, and flexible
- Experience and desire to work remotely with approximately 25% overnight travel
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and commitment to operational excellence
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States
BioTeam offers a highly competitive employee compensation and benefits package, including generous base salary, medical, dental plans and vision plans, life and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan with employer contributions.
This job operates in a home office environment, as well as at client locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
The Company does not seek salary history information from applicants. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.