Corporate Account Director South/Mid Atlantic
Commercial – Commercial /
The Corporate Account Director will be accountable for building targeted Health System & Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) system-wide awareness, advocacy, formulary access and pull-through for Igalmi. The CAD role must effectively collaborate cross functionally with Commercial counterparts, Senior Management, Medical Affairs, and Market Access to profile large systems, identify access pathways, and develop business plans that open approval for Igalmi to be utilized at the hospital level. Success will be accomplished by driving strong partnerships with external customers that open utilization opportunities for Igalmi setting the stage for BioXcel commercial success.
The Primary Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
· Identify Igalmi access opportunities at targeted IDN’s and health systems. Map the formulary decision process, key influencers, timeline, and needs. Develop a business plan for access inclusion for Igalmi and align internal stakeholders as needed for pull-through.
· Cultivate strong relationships with targeted accounts and segment the market to prioritize time and effort for optimal impact.
· Ensure formulary access and assist in the pull-through process
· Convey appropriate and professional image to external customers that is aligned to BioXcel core values.
· Strictly adhere to BioXcel code of conduct guidelines, T/E policy, and other policies as written; as well as ensuring IS reps comply.
· Assist as needed in projects that drive BioXcel towards the mission of being the Preeminent CNS biopharmaceutical company in 5 years.
Training and Education:
Bachelors Degree in the health sciences, business/marketing, or related field.
Masters Degree in related field preferred.
· Experience and success in Total Account Call scenarios, with multiple specialties and provider levels, aligning behind utilization and process of a products use in the hospital.
· 8+ years of experience in life science commercial position, including but not limited to the following: hospital sales representative, national accounts, key accounts, market access, sales management, sales operations.
· Documented success working collaboratively and effectively with sales teams to execute pull through strategies, positively influence access decision, drive demand and sales and find solutions to help overcome access barriers, including barriers based on UM restrictions, medical policy etc
· Recent experience in managing key accounts in the hospital market, specifically in areas in which formulary management and hospital infrastructure impacted appropriate drug utilization.
- Health System Focus Areas:
§ P&T Members + Key Influencers / Administration/ Emergency Department / Psychiatry Department / Hospitalist Team / Clinical Pharmacy / DOP
· Product Launch experience a plus
· Experience in a combination of large and start-up companies preferred.
· Strategic Thinking and Execution: Utilizes all resources to prioritize, plan and make good decisions regarding time allocation to drive business results. Regularly updates and adjusts business plans, strategies and acts with urgency.
· Patient Focused Clinical Acumen: Builds and maintains a deep understanding of relevant patient types, treatment options and patient flow within the ecosystems relevant to promoted products.
· Influence and Impact: Communicates authentically, thoughtfully, and persuasively via BioXcel Sales Principles. Conveys a professional, positive, and enthusiastic presence in all verbal and written communication.
· Personal Leadership: Embraces a growth mindset and operates with grit in a fast paced, start-up environment, adapting readily to change. Is self-directed, pursues excellence and holds self-accountable to timelines and commitments.
· Teamwork and Collaboration: Seeks the input of others to determine the best course of action. Proactively shares ideas and best practices with colleagues across the organization, specifically in alignment of cross functional colleagues collaboration efforts.
· Market Expertise: High capacity to understand the health care business specific to the role.
· Planning and Organizing: Able to manage the administrative aspects of the role; Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
BioXcel Value Drivers:
· Patient Focused- is the mindset in all that we do so that or patients and their families are impacted in ways that are meaningful and valuable
· Integrity-open and honest communication with uncompromising principles and ownership
· Collaborative-this is how we work together towards shared goals in a synergistic environment that fosters innovative ideas and approaches
· Agile-willingness and ability to move quickly and adjust to everchanging business needs to achieve goals
Align to the culture and Value Drivers of BioXcel Therapeutics
Matching skill set and beliefs to the key competencies listed above.
Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
Proven/Documented sales success and key account objectives success
Strong Planning and organization skills
Previous use and knowledge of CRM
Remote position- Daily and overnight travel weekly of up to 50%; proximity to major airport desirable
Your Path to Endless Opportunities
If you’re looking to push the envelope and join an innovative company where technology meets drug discovery and development and you’re enthusiastic, creative, with a passion for cutting-edge research, you should join our team! We are looking for highly motivated, passionate employees to help us drive technology solutions for discovering breakthrough treatments for our portfolio of oncology and neuroscience programs, as well as for our partners across major therapeutic areas.
About BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc.
BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc. is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing artificial intelligence approaches to develop transformative medicines in neuroscience and immuno-oncology. The Company’s drug re-innovation approach leverages existing approved drugs and/or clinically validated product candidates together with big data and proprietary machine learning algorithms to identify new therapeutic indices. The Company’s commercial product, IGALMI™ (developed as BXCL501) is a proprietary, sublingual film formulation of dexmedetomidine approved by the FDA for the acute treatment of agitation associated with schizophrenia or bipolar I or II disorder in adults. The safety and effectiveness of IGALMI has not been established beyond 24 hours from the first dose. BXCL501 is also being evaluated for the acute treatment of agitation associated with Alzheimer’s disease, and as an adjunctive treatment for major depressive disorder. The Company is also developing BXCL502 as a potential therapy for chronic agitation in dementia and, under its subsidiary OnkosXcel Therapeutics, BXCL701, an investigational, orally administered, systemic innate immunity activator for the treatment of aggressive forms of prostate cancer and advanced solid tumors that are refractory or treatment naïve to checkpoint inhibitors. For more information, please visit www.bioxceltherapeutics.com.
BioXcel Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.