Administrative Assistant, Translational Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology, and Regulatory Affairs
New Haven, Connecticut /
General & Administrative – General & Administrative /
The Administrative Assistant will report to the SVP & Head, Translational Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology and Regulatory Affairs.
The Administrative Assistant is the coordinator of activities performed in the Translational Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology & Regulatory Affairs function and in the Pharmaceutical Development and Operations function.
With direction from the SVP & Head, Translational Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology and Regulatory Affairs, the Administrative Assistant will support members of multiple functions to support BioXcel Therapeutics pipeline products. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. He/She will have previous experience working in an office environment supporting high-level executives, performing senior administrative duties and managing the administrative operations of an office environment. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, this role will require adaptability, flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for working with functional leads and with Finance to set up contract and confidentiality agreements. They should also be able to coordinate tracking payments on invoices and contracts for external vendors and consultants across all line functions. The incumbent also will assist setting up meetings, travel arrangements, expense reports, processing contracts and invoices, routing documents for signatures and other office administrative tasks. The incumbent is expected to liaise with Finance, Legal and the functions to ensure alignment of payments from appropriate cost centers and tracking payments from budgets across supported functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with processing contracts and invoices, routing documents for signatures, setting up meetings, travel arrangements, expense reports and other office administrative tasks.
- Handles day-to-day administrative responsibilities. Must be flexible with last minute schedule changes and needs.
- Organize and maintain necessary confidential files and records for several executives as required.
- Answer and screen telephone calls from both internal/external sources, transfer calls to the appropriate party.
- Placing and receiving phone calls; sending and receiving email and written correspondence, sending faxes, photocopying, and scanning of correspondence and documents.
- Demonstrates confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities.
- Organize meetings and interface with various corporate personnel.
- Organizing meetings and managing calendars.
- Scheduling travel and appointments.
- Arranging company events and conferences.
- Ordering office supplies and lunch.
- Drafting correspondence.
- Preparing letters, presentations, and reports.
- Provide receptionist support - greeting visitors, arranging conference room meetings.
- Proficient in word processing, preparation of PowerPoint slides and maintaining spreadsheets.
- BS or MS
- At least 5 years’ experience as an office manager.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, consisting of internal and external team members.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience in managing tasks with input from cross-functional colleagues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated planning, organization, and time management skills, with ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to hold others accountable for delivery.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
Your Path to Endless Opportunities
If you’re looking to push the envelope and join an innovative company where technology meets drug discovery and development and you’re enthusiastic, creative, with a passion for cutting-edge research, you should join our team! We are looking for highly motivated, passionate employees to help us drive technology solutions for discovering breakthrough treatments for our portfolio of oncology and neuroscience programs, as well as for our partners across major therapeutic areas.
About BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc.
BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc. is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing artificial intelligence approaches to develop transformative medicines in neuroscience and immuno-oncology. The Company’s drug re-innovation approach leverages existing approved drugs and/or clinically validated product candidates together with big data and proprietary machine learning algorithms to identify new therapeutic indices. The Company’s commercial product, IGALMI™ (developed as BXCL501) is a proprietary, sublingual film formulation of dexmedetomidine approved by the FDA for the acute treatment of agitation associated with schizophrenia or bipolar I or II disorder in adults. The safety and effectiveness of IGALMI has not been established beyond 24 hours from the first dose. BXCL501 is also being evaluated for the acute treatment of agitation associated with Alzheimer’s disease, and as an adjunctive treatment for major depressive disorder. The Company is also developing BXCL502 as a potential therapy for chronic agitation in dementia and, under its subsidiary OnkosXcel Therapeutics, BXCL701, an investigational, orally administered, systemic innate immunity activator for the treatment of aggressive forms of prostate cancer and advanced solid tumors that are refractory or treatment naïve to checkpoint inhibitors. For more information, please visit www.bioxceltherapeutics.com.
BioXcel Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.