Platform Manager - Account Management
Global Revenue – Platform
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a Platform Manager to manage the launch, ongoing relationship, operational strategy, and overall performance of our Bird Platform partners to ensure long-term success and growth in their business.
Platform Managers act as the lead point of contact and business advisor for day-to-day matters specific to their accounts.
An ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated, results driven team player who has 5+ years of consultative, P&L-driving, and strategic client management experience.
The right person for this role is entrepreneurial, data-driven, outgoing, and cross-functional with experience in operations, client relations, and overall market optimisation.
If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced, challenging environments and thrives when given autonomy, then this is a great role for you.
- Travel to new markets to oversee the initial launch of each client while advising on a launch strategy that lines them up for immediate success
- Manages relationships with current, launched partners, acting as a trusted business consultant
- Acts as the lead point of contact for any operational questions or concerns from existing partners
- Monitors and analyses partner’s key performance indicators and develops actionable insights to improve partner efficiency and performance
- Works cross-functionally to develop strategies and solutions to drive partner growth, expansion, and profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in client facing roles
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or other relevant client management / consulting experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence key stakeholders internally and externally
- Analytically minded, data-driven, and able to draw insights from performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems in ambiguous environments
- The ability to assess a market, pull insights from the metrics you’ve been tracking, and execute a plan to improve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised and experienced with SalesForce and/or TableauExperience managing relationships with startups and entrepreneursExperience in operations, analysing business performance, and monitoring a P&L
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.