Regional Operations Manager
Santa Monica, California
Operations – City Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Regional Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for one of Bird's regional operations teams for the Americas. This is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles at Bird, requiring a diverse set of operational, analytical, and leadership abilities. You’ll manage functional teams dedicated to optimizing and executing operations to deliver a seamless experience in the communities we serve, and be an influencer of central Bird resources to help deliver on goals and build for scale. If you are up to the task, able to think on your feet, manage through ambiguity/adversity of a quickly shifting and growing industry, and manage and develop high performing teams - all while delivering results, we want to speak with you!
- Build and manage a team of high-performing operations analysts and specialists; you will be defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process while managing a growing team
- Synthesize data, perform analysis, identify operational and structural weaknesses, and develop new processes or improve existing ones (to scale) to achieve operational excellence
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. data science, city operations, engineering, product and support) and help align with the goals and objectives of these teams at the regional level
- Identify and communicate regional needs to cross-functional teams (e.g., product, engineering, etc.) and playbook best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
- Visualize and present results to senior leadership, impactfully and effectively
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating a dynamic and rapidly growing business across urban footprints
- Create a fun, safe, collaborative and high energy work culture while developing the next generation of leaders at Bird
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of operations management, business consulting, or related experience managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, optimizing processes, and delivering business goals
- 5+ years of managing a team
- Goal focused with a strong bias toward action
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- High EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail. Excellent organization and time management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred. Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in-person and remote management
- Passion for Bird, its role improving city environments, and an interest in the “share economy” and platform methodology
- Impressive academic record, MBA or advanced degree is a plus
- SQL proficiency is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.