Senior Manager - Corporate Development & Business Strategy
Corporate Development – Corporate Development
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Corporate Development & Business Strategy team leads Fundraising, Special Projects, and M&A for Bird. We establish and negotiate business relationships which advance Bird’s mission globally. In recent months, Bird has expanded rapidly in EMEA, and we are doubling down on our efforts in the region. This role presents the unique entrepreneurial opportunity to become the first member of the team based in Amsterdam, Bird’s EMEA HQ.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small but powerful team of strategic thinkers, deal makers and analysts to drive explosive growth for Bird. You’ll work across the entire spectrum of business needs helping shape the partnerships and deals that give Bird the ability to navigate and dominate global markets while securing our diverse supply chain and acquiring proprietary technology.
You’ll work with cross-functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, raise capital and execute and integrate mergers and acquisitions. The Senior Manager - Corporate Development is expected to build industry relationships, lead strategic projects, assist in financings and execute M&A, with a focus on the EMEA region. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with a major role in shaping the future of the company and the industry more broadly.
What You'll Do:
- Build relationships with prospective investors, with a focus on the EMEA region
- Lead fundraising processes, including leading analyses required for diligence data rooms, meeting with prospective investors, and working with legal on execution
- Execute M&A and strategic investment processes from end-to-end, including sourcing opportunities, conducting financial analysis, structuring and negotiating transactions, and integrating targets
- Partner with company leadership to drive complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives that impact all aspects of the business and organization
- Partner with Bird leadership and finance team to conduct analysis, craft messaging, and create deliverables for board meetings and key investor updates
- Build strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the mobility, tech, and finance ecosystems, including investors, large corporates, and other startups, to stay on top of industry trends and the mobility competitive landscape
- Identify opportunities to leverage the strengths of the Bird investor base to add strategic value to Bird
What You'll Need:
- 7 to 10+ years of experience at top-tier companies in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and/or management consulting; experience in the EMEA region preferred but not required
- Experience managing and directing the work of junior team members
- Experience with the deal structuring, diligence, and execution processes, including financial modeling and analysis, engaging potential investors, and managing legal documentation
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills
- BA/BS degree
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.