Associate Payroll Specialist
Santa Monica, California
Talent & Recruiting – Talent
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As Bird’s Payroll Specialist, you’ll be a member of the Talent team and will be responsible for the payroll preparation and processing for our growing company. This individual will analyze, research, and resolve payroll issues to ensure smooth processing for employees. This position will be focused on payroll processing for US employees, as well as periodically assisting processing for international employees. In addition, this position will be responsible for auditing new hire information for accuracy and process off-cycle payments as needed. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for supporting people, act as a vital resource to the team, and thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Accurately process payroll for 500+ employees in a high-growth environment
- Assist employees with all payroll-related inquiries
- Manage proper setup and communication of garnishment orders
- Monitor time keeping for accuracy in order to ensure wages and benefits are properly distributed
- Provide administrative support of ADP Time & Attendance, including day-to-day support, training, and documentation
- Accurately record and document all transactions as directed
- Create ad-hoc reports using various data platforms
- Process and monitor off-cycle payments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of payroll processing experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Experience with multiple payroll processing platforms, in addition to ADP WFN
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll and tax processing
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and high organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- International payroll experience is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.