Manager, Global Inbound Logistics
Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do
- The Inbound Logistics Manager is the strategic & tactical leader responsible for building the team & process behind global shipment and warehousing of raw and finished goods on both sides of our supply chain in a hyper-growth environment
- Candidates are solving for the best method of delivering product to market, creating a system with which our business can seamlessly interact.
- Candidates should be proficient with both Freight Forwarder/3PL selection, management, and solutions as well as homegrown logistics solutions.
- You will build a process philosophy around speed and scale selecting the systems, methods and partners to optimize for metrics unique to Bird
- This leader will be responsible for growing a team (internal employees & external partners) that can scale to meet the needs of our exponentially growing business while improving quality of execution and service
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university, with degree in quantitative field
- 8+ years of work experience with at least 3 years of people management
- Comprehensive understanding of US, EU, APAC, and Middle-East product import and export regulations including customs, duties and taxes
- Experience across import/export, air, ocean, truckload, LTL and parcel transport on a global basis
- Last mile carrier commercial agreement negotiation experience
- Experience managing warehouses and value-add facilities, inventory control, densification, standardizing process, and implementing systems and tools
- Experience designing/redesigning supply chain processes and programs from the ground up
- Excellent people skills, 'on the shop floor' attitude, hands on
- Extensive background leading teams and managing vendors
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.