Brand Marketing Specialist
Communications – Marketing
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Brand Marketing Specialist will lead regional brand marketing initiatives that raise brand awareness, relevancy and meaning. To continuously win new loyal riders and intensify ridership in the mid to long term, the Brand Marketing Specialist will create locally grounded creative ideas and turn these into regional brand initiatives that make the brand stand out. This role includes but is not limited to influencer marketing, brand partnerships, content creation and social media, brand marketing event coordination, creative agency management and regional brand marketing campaign management.
- Identify, build and lead relationships with key opinion leaders in the culture and sports industry.
- Expand brand awareness by growing our audiences on social media, driving engagement and initiating organic content creation.
- Support in-country teams with developing and execution brand marketing events to drive awareness and trial with riders in growing Bird’s communities.
- Create and deploy a diverse range of brand marketing programs and non-traditional brand marketing campaigns that involve numerous aspects of outbound social-based brand marketing mechanisms. Including campaign strategy, creative development, execution, measurement and optimization.
- Ensure all local brand/beverage efforts are in line with global strategy and guidelines
- Effectively convey brand voice and tone across all marketing initiatives, campaigns and channels.
- Master’s degree required
- 4-5 years of experience in brand marketing for a consumer brand
- Experience in generating campaign ideas and successfully executing the ideas to drive measurable business value
- An understanding of traditional & non-traditional brand marketing strategies including ‘below the line’, digital and social
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Proven track record of building a consumer or lifestyle brand in a start-up environment
- Fluency in any additional additional European language
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.