Sr. Recruiter - EMEA
Talent & Recruiting – Recruiting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
A Recruiter at Bird will manage the hiring funnel from source to close, navigating a high-volume hiring environment and moving at the fastest pace. Together with recruiting leadership & recruiting operations teams, you'll create new processes and an environment that sets a benchmark for recruiting performance in high growth tech. The right person can deliver quality hires, in a volume that matches the speed of our growth, while at the same time optimising the experience for candidates and managers.
- Own the full-cycle recruiting process for different departments at Bird including sourcing, interviewing & closing candidates
- Manage the headcount plan to align recruiting and the EMEA hiring teams on topics like priority, volume, and process
- Develop a structured interview process for each role
- Ensure that we are measuring the most relevant skills in a consistent way across all candidates
- Navigate candidates and hiring managers through a complex compensation program, including pitching the value of equity value and overseeing the offer approval process
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to optimise the experience of the candidate, hiring manager, and interview team
- 5+ years of experience in an agency or corporate setting
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Experience recruiting in a growth or startup environment
- Experience in scoping new roles to develop job descriptions
- Understanding of our to set up the interview process for new roles
- Ability to determine success rubrics for jobs new to our business and to the world
- Experience in volume hiring and prioritisation skills
- Proven ability to deliver significant impact as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.