Product – UX Research
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for an experienced UX Researcher in our Amsterdam / EMEA office to work with the larger UX Research team based in the Los Angeles Headquarters.
You will partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering to obtain deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and recommendations across the company.
You’ll conduct generative research to explore new opportunities, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products once they’ve rolled out. You will aspire to enhance the user experience for our riders and product users across Europe, and our growing market in EMEA.
You are a flexible team player that excels in an fast paced working environment. You’re able to lead research projects autonomously and bring clarity to the unknown. You are also comfortable working with local and remote stakeholders with excellent communication and execution.
- Design and conduct studies across essential product areas, using qualitative and quantitative methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, (remote and in-person), working with data science, and any other methods you find impactful.
- Review, analyze, and communicate qualitative data to produce strategic insights, and applicable recommendations which guide product and service decisions and design improvements for users.
- Help cultivate an informed, more engaging, and more empathetic team with presentations and creative activities.
- 5+ years of experience with Product organizations, using a variety of research methods, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews.
- Knowledge base of design thinking, psychology, and human-computer interaction. Ability to tailor research methods to Bird user needs.
- Collaborate with product and engineering to ensure research is actioned on across apps, and web.
- Educate stakeholders on UX research methods and meaning.
- Experience leading projects and speaking up when support and guidance are needed.
- Excellent story-telling and presenting abilities.
- An interest in the transportation industry and building communities.
- English and French/German/Hebrew is a must
- Highly organized and detail-obsessed.
- Egoless, self-starting, team player.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.