Quality Control Associate
Vehicle – Manufacturing
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As member of the Manufacturing team, Quality Engineers are responsible for driving manufacturing excellence and process improvement. This is both a supervisorial and an individual contributor role. Primary focus is: Production Part Approval process/PPAP, PFMEA open issues, ensuring manufacturing conformity, setting up quality processes, process improvement, and driving quality awareness.
- Determine acceptable test equipment/tools, inspection criteria and methods to evaluate product quality
- Develop and provide training about quality expectations and awareness
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, and Operation to provide feedback and data about the production processes and products
- Identify and complete RCCA (root cause & corrective action) on production processes and/or product findings
- Create and maintain quality documentation such as quality manuals, quality procedures, KPIs, etc.
- Lead and support Quality Technicians to ensure products and processes comply with relevant requirements
- Develop and maintain manufacturing audit strategies for processes, products, and systems
- B.S. or higher in Quality (preferred), Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Mid to Senior Level
- ASQ / CQE certification preferred
- Experience implementing/applying Lean Tools such as 5S, VSM, standard work, Kanban, A3 Thinking, 8D root cause analysis, etc.
- DOE - validation and test experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships within all levels
- Experience working in an AS9100 or ISO9001 environment
- Experience with PFEMA or similar risk assessments
- Ability to measure dimensions of parts as specified to ensure conformance to specifications
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite, ERP system(s)
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Comfortable working in a high volume fast paced environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.