Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are currently searching for a Manager, Procurement to lead our Procurement team based out of Santa Monica, CA. This person will manage the activities of a team of buyers to improve price, terms, schedule management and quality of Bird’s procurement activities. They will work closely with the Planning and Vendor Management teams to maintain inventories at planned levels and will have responsibility for setting the procurement strategy for Bird globally.
- Directly manage and build a team of Buyers
- Oversee the procurement of Bird’s vehicle hardware, consumables, and indirect spend
- Set the procurement strategy for where items should be sourced - globally versus locally
- Collaborate with Bird’s Vendor Management team to ensure suppliers are being held accountable and the best price, terms, schedule and qualityLead alternative sourcing efforts to build robustness in the supply chain
- Maximize cost savings and value creating with all vendors to improve Bird’s profitability
- Responsible for providing expert-level knowledge of procurement practices, representing procurement during global meetings
- Promote a positive team atmosphere and coach team members to develop in their careers
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or discipline in a quantitative field
- 8+ years of procurement experience with 3+ years of people management
- Proficiency in NetSuite or similar Supply Chain Procurement system
- Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills
- A strong team player capable of building relationships at all levels within the internal organization and external partners
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with often changing priorities
- Experience working with global focus preferred
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.