Business Operations Associate
Santa Monica, California
Operations – City Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Business Operations Associate will champion high priority projects. This role will tackle key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. Using strong operational and analytical experience, this person will tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Work on multi-million dollar cost saving initiatives across the global Bird organization to improve the efficiency of processes and identify new ways to create value
- Dive deep into our data to deeply understand how micro-mobility is revolutionizing how our local communities move and build frameworks to optimize our strategic positioning
- Solve challenging large-scale problems by running experiments, monitoring data, making adjustments, and scaling solutions and best practices to our global Bird communities
- Build business performance reporting and communicate with key stakeholders across the organization
- Be the liaison between the product team and ops teams across the US
- Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go-to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills
- Be data driven and become a subject matter expert on our internal tools, processes, applications, and metrics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3+ years of experience in strategy / investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related; high-growth operations or startup experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.