Associate Engineering Technician
Playa Vista, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Assist with vehicle engineering design implementation
- Roll out Vehicle Team built repairs and process to the Service Center
- Ensure our Service Centers are operating at maximum efficiency
- Ensure vehicles are repaired safely and to a high standard at scale
- Establish, track, and constantly improve repair facility metrics
- Work with leadership to implement best practices throughout the facility
- Drive a culture of safety, collaboration, and productivity
- Communicate and enforce lean manufacturing principles
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Identify bottlenecks and propose/implement corrective actions
- Become an expert in Bird vehicles and systems
- 2+ years of operations experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- 2+ years as a mechanic (scooters, motos, bicycles preferred)
- Deep experience in helping companies identify improvements in process areas, and in assisting with implementing those improvements
- Not afraid to dive in and work with the Service Center team to identify problems and find solutions
- Coaching mentality
- Ability to drive a team towards goals and KPIs
- Lean manufacturing experience or training
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical processes
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.