Operations – Vehicle Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking to add an EH&S Supervisor for our growing Service Center and Warehouse Operations team in Amsterdam. Having a year or more of Manufacturing or Service Center experience, you will be responsible for assuring corporate IIPP and Safety Program Guidelines are practised and adhered to in all of our Service Centers and Warehouse Operations across the region. The role will be based out of Amsterdam but will also be regional in scope as you will stay in regular contact with all the Service Centers and Warehouse to manage documentation regarding safety and environmental process review, assist in creating training, and performing safety audits.
What You'll Do
- Ensure new Service Centers and facilities are set-ups with standardization and Safety-First approaches in a timely manner
- Develop new processes that benefit Employee Health and Safety
- Assist with Birds Battery Safety and Emergency Response Program
- Communicate both verbally and written with EH&S guidelines, independent contractors, General Managers, and Service Center Associates to encourage and enforce a strong safety culture
- Handle the rollout and maintenance of a Lithium-Ion Battery recycling process
- Assist in developing, building, and facilitating compelling safety training that is ever evolving and includes the use of technology and video to reach your audience
- Assist employees in the development of healthy and safe work environments
What You'll Need
- Minimum of an Associates degree with a focus in environmental or occupational health and safety or related programs (OSHA 10/DOT)
- 2+ years of specific Environmental Health and Safety experience (Manufacturing or Production)
- Experience handling and disposing of electronics including Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Automotive Service Center, Maintenance, or Manufacturing experience is highly desired
- Background in handling Site Safety Audits, performing Risk Assessments, Incident Procedures, and OHSA 300/301 Record-Keeping and Reporting
- Familiarity and knowledge of EU safety standards and regulations and emergency response with hazardous materials
- Ability to work independently with travel required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.